Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mad Women




I am on a diet. I am exercising more than my big ol body has exercised since I was on the high school water polo team.


But I don't want to be skinny. Actually, I don't even want to be thin.


"Well, what is it you want to be?" My mom asks.

Duh. I want to be Christina Hendricks. But, like, with blonde hair and smaller boobies.

She, to me and probably most male Americans, is the perfectly shaped woman. Soft, voluptuous, feminine and curvy. She can eat a steak with you and not have to excuse herself to yak while you wait for the check. She also doesn't take up two seats on an airplane. She probably also smells nicely of jasmine and baby powder.

A "friend" of mine, during my single years, once asked me how I was getting so many dates. I think she was incredulous that she, a size 8, was going nowhere fast with men, but me, a then-size 14/16 was the belle of the ball. My reply was how this blog was born...

"No one likes a skinny girl." And I believe that. So today, my "ideal" size is 12. I'd be stoked for a 14. Some would probably say that's still fat. I prefer chubby, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment