Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Wanna Be a Supermodel

Today's list of I Want It Now features dresses, dresses and more dresses from http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/.

First, I am a big fan of dresses. I'm not sure why women in years long ago wanted to wear pants so desperately. A great dress makes you look like you spent 2 hours getting ready instead of the 2 minutes it actually took to slip it on. Effortlessly cool. Feminine. Sexy. Sweet. Professional. Smart. All accomplished by one piece of clothing. Whenever my single gal pals ask me what they should wear on a date, I always say, "A dress." There are only a few things left in this world that women don't have to share with men (like pregnancy and lipstick). Dresses are one of them.

Secondly, I love me some color. Yes, two of the dresses below are black--because I also love me some black. But if I'm ever in just a black dress, the cardigan over it is usually a bright, punchy shade. I own a neon yellow top I rock whenever the mood strikes. Maybe I look garrish. Maybe I stick out more than I'd like. But, really, who cares? Black does not have to be the uniform of every fat woman on this earth.



And last, I was at one time shocked by the enormous, stylish selection Saks Fifth Avenue carries in its Salon Z (Plus Size) department. Not that Saks isn't stylish. Mostly just because I'd always figured high-end was synonamous with "Plus sizes keep out!" Or maybe I'd just never bothered to look. Like most women, I've been afraid to buy that $250 dress since, "Oh, you know, I'm on a diet and who knows what size I'll be in a few months." Sisters, we're always on a diet. Let's give ourselves a break, and at least look smokin' hot while we wait to see how many pounds we can lose in a week.






Aidan Mattox dress. Cocktail party, here you come!





Lafayette 148 New York dress. I love the sultry color. Like wine and raspberries and a good make out sesh.


MICHAEL Michael Kors dress. I love professional dresses with unexpected twists, like the satin borders that run through this.





Z from Zenobia dress. This dress basically dares him not to ask you out again. The just below-the-knee fit is flattering on most of us plus-sized dolls.




No comments:

Post a Comment